Hey Delight fam! Today I am super excited to share with you all my morning & quiet time routine! Anybody who knows me knows that I am all about routines and rituals in my life. I have one for the morning, one for when I get off work, one for working out, and one before bed. It helps me to create balance in my life and ensures that I carve out time for myself and time for the Lord every single day. Today I'm going to walk you through what a typical morning in my life looks like, including my quiet time routine. Comment below and share with us a little bit about what your routine in the morning looks like.
1. COFFEE, COFFEE, COFFEE!
The very first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is head into the kitchen to start a pot of coffee. I love the smell that it gives my apartment and to be frank, your girl needs all the caffeine she can get in. Once my coffee is brewing away, I head to my bathroom to brush my teeth, wash my face, and take my vitamins. Usually, by the time I'm done with my little bathroom routine my coffee is ready to go. I pour a huge cup and take it back into my room with me. I wish I could take it black but I have to have a little sweetness in my coffee so I usually add either almond milk and a bit of stevia or use some of this creamer. It's my fav!
2. QUIET TIME
I love to crawl back under my covers for my quiet time. I'm always freezing in the morning so this helps to keep me warm and cozy. I sip on my coffee as I read my Bible and go through my daily devotional. It usually takes me anywhere from 30-40 minutes. Here's a glimpse into what I do for my quiet time.
1. Read 1 chapter from the Old Testament. (I'm currently reading through 1 Kings.)
2. Read 1 chapter from the New Testament (These days I'm loving Acts.)
3. Either read 1 chapter in a book I'm currently reading or complete a lesson from a daily devotional. (I'm currently working through a devo with one of my best friends called "His Last Words" by Kim Erikson. At this point in my QT, I'll complete one of the daily lessons. When I'm feeling something a little different, then I'll read a chapter in one of the books I'm currently reading through. Right now I'm reading through "Twenty-Two" by Allison Trowbridge.)
4. One-Page of Journaling (I finish off my quiet time with one-page of journaling. I write out any thoughts or things that I feel like the Lord has been teaching me. I typically write out my prayers here as well. I try to keep it to one page, no more or no less. It challenges me to focus when I feel like I have a lot to say and challenges me to dig deeper when I feel as if I have nothing to write about. I love looking back on all of these journal entries!)
3. BREAKFAST/ PROTEIN PANCAKES!
I am the QUEEEEEEN of breakfast! It's my fav meal of the day and I never do it half-way. These days, I am obsessed with this protein pancake recipe. It's super healthy and extremely filling, plus they are GF. My roommate and I typically make a bunch of them on Sundays and then we just heat them up throughout the week. I love to add maple syrup, coconut chips, and strawberries on top. Most days I like to eat my breakfast out on my balcony and catch some rays before heading inside to start getting ready for the day.
4. GET READY FOR THE DAY
Things around the Delight HQ are pretty relaxed, so a lot of days I ended up skipping my makeup routine and wearing workout clothes so that I'm ready to go to my boxing class post work. However, on the days that I do get ready, I start with a moisturizing primer, a bit of foundation and bronzer, and then I finish with some sparkly eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara. Kenz can attest to the fact that I do everything extremely fast... so my makeup routine is no different. It takes me all of five minutes.
For my hair, I usually just wear it how I had it styled the night before. Most days that means up either lose waves, up in a ponytail or in my signature twist-braids that I wear to my boxing class.
5. HEAD TO THE OFFICE WITH COFFEE IN HAND
The last thing I do before heading out the door is pour myself another cup of coffee to take with me to the Delight HQ. I never have to-go cups, so I usually end up spilling it all over the place on the drive over. That's life though! Then I head out the door and jump in my car for work!
I hope you enjoyed getting a small glimpse into my mornings. I love days when I get to start out with this routine because it sets me on the right path for the day and leaves me feeling refreshed and ready for the day ahead. I think it's so important to establish a time every day that you spend with God and for me, that time is best in the morning. Stay tuned for more morning routines this summer. We're so excited to share about the various ways that people start off their days and we hope that it gives you inspiration and encouragement for your own personal morning and quiet time routines.
Mac // @macleighwilson
Delight Co-Founder and Creative Director